Puerto Rico is located in the Caribbean, west Islands and east of Hispanola
|Close to home, far from the expected, this Caribbean paradise is on the cutting edge of becoming a destination of choice for student tours.
In these tough economic times, expensive cultural immersion-based music performance tours and educational trips to far away destinations are just out of the question for today’s students at many schools. However, if you’re looking for an economical, but effective alternative to student travel abroad, look no further than your own backyard for the answer. Moreover, given the steady increase in the Latino population in the U.S., there is no doubt that some practical background in a Hispanic- Latino Caribbean culture will prove invaluable in the classroom and workplace.
Traveling to and from the island of Puerto Rico is very easy -- a few short hours flight from the U.S. mainland. Because Puerto Rico is a U.S. Commonwealth territory, it enjoys all of the privileges of being in the States, but once here you will feel a world away. No special accommodations are needed for phones; Puerto Rico has its own area code just like anywhere on the mainland -- you dial direct and no cell phone compatibility hassles. Below are just a few of the perks you group receives by choosing Puerto Rico as your next student tour destination
• Puerto Rico offers same-day arrivals from most U.S. cities and including nonstop flights.
• Travel and tour prices are competitive and better than costly, cultural immersion trips to European, Asian, Central and South American destinations.
• Puerto Rico's currency is the U.S. dollar.
• No passport required for U.S. citizens traveling between the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
• No travel days are lost time to recovering from jet lag.
• Puerto Rico operates on the U.S. area code system. There is no hassle with confusing country access codes.
• English is the official second language and is widely spoken -- no need for translators.
• Enjoy the comfort of insured air- conditioned motor coaches/mini-buses/vans licensed and inspected semi-annually by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company.
• Guided by certified, knowledgeable bilingual tour guides with background checks certified by the Puerto Rico Police Department.
• Experience cultural and bilingual immersion through food, music, dance, sights, and sounds.
• Puerto Rico has a distinctive multi-cultural blend of Spanish, African and U.S. heritages. Given the steady rise in the U.S. Hispanic-Latino population, a practical background and exposure to a Latino culture will well-serve today's youth entering the workforce.
• Stay at the Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort.